More Problems With Islamic Numeric Duplicity

I hope Mr Giron doesn't mind me posting this, but it is worth a quick read. 

A brilliant thinker and philosopher in his own right, Denis Giron made an excellent observation, adding to the already known conundrum of the Islamic Numeric Duplicity:

Denis Giron I can't find the post at the moment, but a while back (i.e. years ago) there was a thread in a Christian-Muslim debate forum where a Christian asked questions roughly along the lines of:

(1) Does soorat al-Baqara say "laa ikraaha fee d-deen"?
(2) Does the Qur'aan say "laa ikraaha fee d-deen"?
(3) Does soorat at-Tawba say "(faa)qtuloo al-mushrikeen"?
(4) Does the Qur'aan say "(faa)qtuloo al-mushrikeen"?
(5) Are al-Baqara and at-Tawba two different suwar (sooratayn?) or the same single soora?
(6) Is there one Qur'aan or two?

I thought it was a helpful illustration, but I think this new issue, with the aHruf has the potential to be even more helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment