Heroism, Tragedy: Dark Knight, Alex Teves. Dark Knight Rises Thoughts

So back in 2008 I worked at a video store, I went to see The Dark Knight, (the second in the trilogy) Heath Ledgers final performance (as he had died before it's opening) as the Joker and boy was it amazing. In some ways over the years I became a movie critic as when you work at a video store you get to watch everything. And Dark Knight is definitely very high quality material, a movie that I have watched time and time again, a movie I was so excited about showing some friends who had never seen it even by 2011!. Anyway today I asked my dad to come and see the final in the trilogy with me after reading the awful news about a horrible tragedy in a Colorado cinema, but boy was I paranoid! I never mentioned this incident to Father as I don't want to make him any more paranoid than he can be. Sometimes our thoughts take hold of us, the older we get the more we seem to decline with thoughts of delusion, it seems to be a tenancy in our family with my passed grandma. Anyway I thought this might be the last chance me and my dad go to a movie together (since it seems like we only go to the movies once every ten years together), so we ended up going. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie, I still believe the second one was the best, but there is no way I could miss this movie, as I have waited four years and it never ceases to amaze me watching the psychology of a true hero, a person who fights for a symbol, an idea that can never be defeated. Unfortunately James Holmes must have lost hold of this, as it's movies like this that should of shown people like James the very heart of a hero and love of his people.

In the description of the murderer James Holmes, I noticed he was a very isolated person who left university, was dumped by his girlfriend and was being kicked out of his house, a person who played video games, someone who lost touch with reality. I myself tend to be more introverted and so I could identify with him in some level. I have also lost a girlfriend, I have also left tertiary education, I have also been asked to leave several houses for various reasons, I also played video games, I also can be isolated, the intensity, pressure and suffering can build up. As someone who is fascinated by psychology I am wondering where things went wrong and what causes actions such as these? Here is a video of Holmes speaking at a camp back when he was 18, a shy but intelligent person (like many of us):



We godless agnostics/atheists are not all heartless. Words cannot express and tears have swelled up a few times, how deeply saddened this has made me. Although one nice thing came out of this, the victims got to meet Christian Bale:



Perhaps in the following documentary one of the following diagnosis matches James Holmes. The following documentary is a must watch, for those interested in psychology and superheroism and the dark knight himself!



There was one hero in this whole incident: Alex Teves, a living batman, the man who saved his girlfriend and covered her up and protected her. Read more about him and the other innocent victims including a six year old girl here.

One of the key defining characteristics or features of a superhero is found in all the greatest fictional or non-fictional superhero characters who put their own lives on the line time after time, never ask for praise or thanks or worship, they just do it out of their own sense of moral duty and obligation. Superhero's are always humble (except you Ironman!) and they expect nothing in return even when they are considered villians or bad guys by the citizens, a great man like Alex inbound knew his situation was incoming death but faced death head on, that's what a hero is.

This is a big shout out to all the real life superheroes like Alex Teves, people like you will never be forgotten. I wish I had the balls of a hero like this. 

Here is my flowers to his family, girlfriend and friends:

I hope you find the hero inside. 


Everyone has one

3 comments:

  1. I am also an introvert and have been at many low points in my life just like James Holmes and it is a terrible position to be in, but I still do not understand what made him decide to kill innocent people watching movies. It takes an incredible amount of hate and anguish to attempt something like this. I don't feel any sympathy toward Holmes whatsoever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand your view. I don't think I could really comment until I know what triggered it. As it seems highly unusual, irregular, I am thinking he must have a severe mental health issue. I can't really say shit until I have walked in his shoes, if I had all the same experiences as him maybe I would do the same thing he has.

    I guess it really depends on if you believe people are just generally evil and fucked up enough to consciously and morally choose evil actions for the sake of malevolence, or whether most of the crimes like this really are so bizarre that it is just so out of the ordinary there has to be a better explanation for why a person loses it this badly.

    When you believe in a day of judgement, after-life it's obviously going to be the former, e.g. choosing evil out of freedom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried anagramming James Holmes' full name to see if I could find any hints about why he did what he did:

    James Eagan Holmes = Jan shames male ego.

    So maybe he had a big crush on some gal named Jan. But she rejected him because he was a wimpy nerd (or whatever). So he said to himself, "I'll show her who's a wimpy nerd!" I have to admit, shooting all those people seems like a drastic over-reaction to being scorned by a woman. I also looked for a clue in his location. This, and the Columbine massacre of over a decade ago, both happened in the suburbs of Denver, Colorado, so:

    Denver Colorado = Red colored nova
    = O! Redder volcano

    So that's two anagrams suggestive of some kind of red colored explosion (like blood-red). Just living in the Denver area might be conducive to having such a psychic explosion. I also heard that in a telephone message he left with someone, Holmes spoke in a strange, growly voice. This makes me wonder whether he was demonically possessed...or to put it in modern terms, suffering from multiple personality disorder. And I found coincidences by gematria suggestive of the idea that he may have been possessed by the same demon that possessed Cho Seung Hui, the shooter at Virginia Tech. By "gematria" I mean letter sums imitating the numerical pattern of the ancient Greek and Hebrew alphabets (use A=1 to Z=800):

    850 = Aurora, Colorado
    = Cho Seung Hui
    = Korean Murderer
    = The demon spirit
    = The one in James Eagan Holmes

    It will be interesting to see whether the psychiatrists who examine Holmes can come up with a better explanation for his strange behavior. You can spot check my gematria sums using the calculator at
    http://www.ridingthebeast.com/gematria-calculator/

    ReplyDelete